Friday, June 27, 2008

Amish Flea Market ???

OK,there is a terrible thing happening down in the Ohio amish country. Holmes County Amish FLea Market has been taken over by non-amish people selling cheap dollar store type products from China,Japan,and Taiwan.I was a little miffed to say the least.You drive all day to get to this place, find a cop directing traffic,costs a dollar to park yet still you believe it will be worth it.It's not. I didn't find one single booth that offered goods produced in Amish country by an Amish person. Don't waste your time. Anyway,our beautiful glass percolator hit the floor and shattered after having to stop quite abruptly for a buggy in the road that you couldnt see 'till you rounded the bend so we found a real flea market and purchased a realy cool old porcelain percolator.Don't think we will be able to brake it.We drove through Ohio,Indiana and Illinois on RT 24 and saw endless beautifull big farms with meticulous yards. You gotta wonder how they have enough time to make their places so perfect. We are currently in Onawa,Iowa at the KOA. WE needed a little time to do nothing.We are headed to South Dakota in the morning. I'm excited about that because it's one of only three states I haven't been to.Hawaii and Maine are the next to be conquered.We will try to stay at a few national parks along the way including Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. I'm also looking forward to Wall Drugs and plan on spending the day. I don't get to do much mindless shopping latley so that will be fun.See ya later

1 comment:

Boni Bo Boni said...

Howdy Ho! I was just thinking of you today and WHAMMO SPAMMO there you were in my inbox! Just wanted to let you know that my telephone still works. Just in case you wern't sure. BYE!